Burying pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm buying a house and some of the downstairs central heating pipes are external. Is it a big / tricky job to have them put into the wall (by a plumber, not DIY!)? A rough cost estimation would be good, as I'm trying to do a bit of budgeting!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Why don't you get a couple of quotes from local plumbers.
Without seeing the job how can we advise???

Why don't you get a couple of quotes from local plumbers.
Without seeing the job how can we advise???

I will, but at this stage I wanted some initial info. Appreciate you can't see the actual job but I assumed one metal pipe and brick wall will be much the same as the next?

Thanks for the reply though.

I assumed one metal pipe and brick wall will be much the same as the next?
You assumed wrong then.
Are these heating pipes on a drop down from above?
Are these heating pipes surface mounted at skirting level throughout the ground floor?
I would imagine the ground floor to be solid concrete with screed?

My estimate to carry out these works would be somewhere between 1k to 4K...plus materials of course.
Material cost could be anywhere between £200 to 3k...then we have the cost of rubble removal/skip...oh and making good where necessary...should we quote for any redecorations?
I hope I've helped.

Sponsored Links
I suppose it will depend on wall if it's plasterboard will be easier than brick etc.

I have just had some radiator pipes moved behind a plasterboard wall and it looked very easy. Cut pipe, smash out plasterboard, run pipe with some soldering then make good plasterboard with skimming. I can't give you a price though as that was included with a bathroom refurb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back