Buried central heating pipes in the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i live in a relatively new house. Unfortunately the builders who built it decided to bury the microbore copper pipes (for central heating) in the walls. The result is that the walls have hairline cracks where the pipe are.

I don't really want to reroute the the pipework, can the pipes be enclosed in some kind of conduit to prevent this?. What do other people do?

Thoughts greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If its a new house it will have been dot n dabbed - the pipes might be behind the boards.

Usually though the pipework going between floors goes through a cupboard or convenient stud wall. In my house I have solid floors but the pipework has been arranged so that the heating pipes come down under the stairs.

Its definately not a stud wall, but i guess the 'plumber' could have forced the pipes it into the small space between the plasterboard and the brick. Not ideal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back