Central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I apologise if this is not the place to ask for some help, so please forgive me if I have got it wrong!!
I am having a house renovated and a contractor has put plastic central heating pipe onto the brickwork before the walls are rendered and plastered. However at the end of the plastic pipe he has fitted a connector and then fitted some copper pipe which will be buried in the rendering. I am concerned that a straight connector will buried in the plaster/rendering. Would I be correct in saying that there should be a continuos run of plastic without and buried connections?
Regards
Dave

Sponsored Links
In a perfect world it is alwyas best to not have any buried connections, but in the real world there is often a 90 elbow fitted where the pipe comes out of the wall.

All pipe work and joints will hopefully have been pressure tested before being plastered over. Make sure they wrap any fittings in duct tape before plastering over.

Many thanks for the reply. I happened to contact a friend of my wife who works as a consultant and he is an architect. He has designed the local Hospital and also did the extensions at Bristol Airport. He stated that whilst the method was not outside the current regulations, it was far from 'best practices'. His main concern was that if the connectors leaked at anytime there would be a need to remove the rendering and the plaster. The contractors have now been instructed to run the plastic pipes down the wall and under the floor boards and then have the connectors. The underneath of the floor is easily accessible and should a leak occur it would be there would be not problem in repairing the leak.
Once again many thanks for the reply
Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back