Burying two 28mm in UFH floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have feed and return sat on top of concrete slab. Used to be under wooden floor on battens. Now the floor is changing to ufh with tiles. So I’m building up from slab with rigid insulation, ufh pipes, self levelling and tiles.

my quandary is how to protect the copper 28mm pipes. Essentially to “bridge over them” and also to protect from self levelling (cement)

of course I can denso etc but are there ready made channels (metal?) for this?

I was thinking some 2x4s screed down to slab either side with 18mm play on top to encase them (pipes are already sleeved with insulation)

had many thoughts. What am I missing ?

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't need any additional protection really. Butt the rigid insulation up to either side of the pipes and if you feel it's necessary you can use expanding foam to fill the gap above, then trim it back. Your damp proof membrane over the top of the rigid insulation will stop the liquid screed running down around the pipes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back