button on dual push flush cistern stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a dual push flush wc and the button is stuck and I can'y flush the toilet. Any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
try to get the buttons out. They should lift out so you can see what the problem is

Sponsored Links
Hi I had a similar problem, I could flush the toilet but then the water would continually run into the pan. The buttons on the dual flush operated a cable to actuate the mechanism. I was convinced the float was sticking on the side of the mechanism however I removed the plastic actuator of the bottom of the push button and discovered the cable had rusted slightly causing the cable to stick, got an old toothbrush and cleaned the plastic actuator where the cable locked into and lubricated it with oil, reassembled it and reattached to bottom of push button assembly, Hey Presto!! job done :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back