Buy GRP back door, for existing wooden frame?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I want to replace my back door (15 years old, painted metal, with manual top and bottom mortice bolts) with a GRP multi-lock door for added security and convenience.

I cannot find any online suppliers that will sell a door without a UPVC surround. I want to keep my existing stained wood surround, and screw in a metal plate for the locking mechanism.

I have a friend who has a 4 year old house, and their GRP multilocking back door is set in a wooden frame. Looking at the frame you can see there is a metal plate screwed into it almost the full length of the door for all the locking points, and on the other side you can see hinges have been set into the wood as per any normal door that goes into a wooden frame. So I'm guessing it is possible to buy a GRP door kit like this within the building trade, ie. GRP door, 'locking plate' and hinges.

Can anyone help? Suggest a supplier (that doesn't require a trade account). I'm located in Cheshire.

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back