Buying a new fan assisted oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our old Ariston has pretty much served it's time as you have to prop the door shut with a wooden stool. It also doesn't heat evenly any more. We inherited it when we moved in nearly 13 years ago.

Anyway, we need another of the same kind. I have found this Beko which is cheap and has good reviews. Another main thing is I would like the energy rating to be as cheap to run as possible.

For the more experienced people out there I would just like confirmation if this seems a good product before I buy?

http://www.appliancesonline.co.uk/p...oogle-_-BI single ovens-_-Beko-_-OIF22300X_SS

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
there are several Best Buy electric ovens on the "Which" list. The top few at £250-ish are:

Electrolux
Intuition EOB53000W

Electrolux
Intuition EOB53000X

Electrolux
Intuition EOB53000K

though the stainless one is £20 extra today at Jual domestics

the next ones down from the top of the list are priced at about £800

Beko does not show in the Ovens Best Buy list, though I think I heard their fridges are good.

The Beko you mention was tested and not as good, though they say quite cheap to buy.

Thanks very much. That's very helpful. Just one more thing, the gas hob is the same Ariston design. Would this be attached to the oven or will they be seperate ?

Cheers. :D

Do you have a built-in oven (at about waist height)
A built-under oven (under the worktop)
Or a free standing oven and hob in one?

K

Sponsored Links
earthling, do you mean the Electrolux I suggested will not fit?

earthling, do you mean the Electrolux I suggested will not fit?

I haven't actually looked up the Electrolux, :oops: It does depend on the size of the aperture though, some will only fit in a taller unit, some will need a filler piece underneath the oven. There are a few double ovens or oven/grill combinations that will fit in under a worktop (for cooking nuts like me :mrgreen: )

K

Sorry, its a built-under oven (under the worktop). I will keep the hob for now as it's ok and doesn't need replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back