Buying discontinued B&Q kitchen parts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I need a plinth for a discontinued B&Q kitchen. Only two years or so old.
No obvious sellers online.
Anyone any ideas?
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Plinth is generally just 150mm pre-edged MFC (melamine faced chipboard) which is cut to length and end sealed. So nothing special and even Contiboard 150mm shelving will go the job. Clips can be had from various places such as eBay or Ironmongery Direct.

Yes but I want it to match the rest of the kitchen....

So redo all of the kitchen?
Even if it's huge it won't cost much or take to long.

I have seen end of line kitchen parts on eBay

Sponsored Links
So redo all of the kitchen?
Even if it's huge it won't cost much or take to long.

I have seen end of line kitchen parts on eBay
The majority of kitchens have maybe 3 or 4 lengths of plinth in them - total maybe 4 to 6 metres (or maybe three 2.4 metre lengths). The clips I used to carry on the van (and they are dirt cheap), likewise the 4 x 16mm screws you need.

So, yes, rather than spending loads of time trying to find a plinth that I probably won't (and not getting paid for it) it's just faster, cheaper and easier to just replace the lot, especially when you consider that plinths get dirty and damaged well before the rest of the kitchen is time expired. It helps that I have (or rather had, I no longer do many kitchens) a supplier in Manchester (Hills Panel Products of Oldham) who do any carcass colour you'll ever want in pre-banded 150mm MFC rips which are ideal for repairs and replacements.

Hi. I need a plinth for a discontinued B&Q kitchen. Only two years or so old.
No obvious sellers online.
Anyone any ideas?
Cheers.

You might consider posting photos of the stuff you have.

The majority of kitchens have maybe 3 or 4 lengths of plinth in them - total maybe 4 to 6 metres (or maybe three 2.4 metre lengths). The clips I used to carry on the van (and they are dirt cheap), likewise the 4 x 16mm screws you need.

So, yes, rather than spending loads of time trying to find a plinth that I probably won't (and not getting paid for it) it's just faster, cheaper and easier to just replace the lot, especially when you consider that plinths get dirty and damaged well before the rest of the kitchen is time expired. It helps that I have (or rather had, I no longer do many kitchens) a supplier in Manchester (Hills Panel Products of Oldham) who do any carcass colour you'll ever want in pre-banded 150mm MFC rips which are ideal for repairs and replacements.

I see, that's a good idea. When I need the plinths thats the way I'll go then. Need a grain effect medium grey (taupe) basically. Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back