Buying integrated appliances for first time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New kitchen units are arriving tomorrow, so will soon have to purchase integrated, under counter, fridge and freezer.

I understand that the depth of these means that a plug and socket cannot be used behind the appliances.

Would there always be enough room for a flex outlet plate behind?

Also, I have been looking at som Bosch models. Their schematic drawings seem to suggest that the appliance depths are 548mm PLUS 30mm for the door. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If you are installing integrated appliances, My first suggestion would be to follow the manufactures instruction that come with the appliance.
You will normally find they are fitted with a plug, so a couple of ways to deal with this.
You can install a single socket-outlet (no switch) behind the appliance and supply the socket with an above the counter isolation switch, to turn it on/off when necessary.
Or you could install a socket-outlet in the unit next to the appliance and use that.
I say they should be without switches, as this will prevent any accidental switching, when you push the appliance in place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back