integrated fridge freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Just seeing if anyone can help me? I have been asked to install an integrated fridge freezer as part of a new kitchen area. I plan to install a fcu above the worktops but was just checking what would be the best practice for supplying the appliance. By this i mean single socket behind the appliance/adjacent or flex outlet. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If you decide to use an outlet make sure that there is enough flex to move the machine for cleaning.

Thanks for the fast responses, i should have been a bit clearer in my question. The reason for asking is, I was unsure there would be adequate space behind the appliance for a socket? and also how easy are integrated appliances to remove if access is required to said socket?

Sponsored Links
Can you place the socket anywhere which is accessible when the fridge is in place?

An outlet plate would be alright if fused elsewhere (as you wrote).

It really is up to you. There are no specific requirements.

[quote="sparkfish";p="2738073" how easy are integrated appliances to remove if access is required to said socket?[/quote]

Very difficult. A good half hour to remove door, hoses, and all lof the bits and pieces that fix an integrated appliance to the kiychen surrounds.. Use a connection plate. If you must use a plug and socket, put that in an accessible place either side of the appliance.

Thanks to everyone who responded will definitely put outlet at the side. Just found out there is also a integrated dishwasher so will do the same for that. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back