Buzzing Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please be gentle I am new at this and start from a point of knowing nothing !

A little while ago what seems to be the pump started buzzing quite loudly, it didn't seem to affect either the hot water or heating. If we switched the whole system off then back on it stopped the buzz, only for it to come back later. An engineer came and replaced the timer suggesting it was something to do with the connections from that to the system.

This seemed to have cured the problem and we had a nice smart new timer unit. :)

I am sure no one is suprised to learn that the buzzing has started up again, it still doesn't seem to affect the water or the heating.

Today is Sunday and earliest we can get an engineer is Friday, the problem is we leave for 10 days holiday early Tuesday morning.

I know it's all a bit vague but does anyone have any thoughts on either switching the whole system off and risking a freeze while we are away or leaving it on with a mysterious intermittant buzz ?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Leave for ten days and enjoy your holiday, if your heating is working now it will be working when you come home, the weather here is not that extreme that you need to worry about your system, maybe when you come back you might need to have your pump investigated, no big deal...Get outta here you big Daffy bastard.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'm not a plumber but I know we've not had weather cold enough to freeze pipes since 1962 (in November).

I wonder if the noise is the pump impeller sticking? That will give a sort of hum.

Sponsored Links
Bamber gaspipe said:
What`s your take on it Lynda?

Anyone can post a reply / comment / opinion in any forum.

It is up to the OP if they wish to take / heed the advice / opinion / comment that is posted

moderator said:
Bamber gaspipe said:
What`s your take on it Lynda?

Anyone can post a reply / comment / opinion in any forum.

It is up to the OP if they wish to take / heed the advice / opinion / comment that is posted

Correct. Unfortunately unlike you most Mods do their job & moderate discreetly without the drama of getting involved within the Forum, it`s not your job to be conversing with me, it`s not your job to be taking sides, if you want to post & talk to me then you cannot be an impartial MOD. I will be taking this up shortly with Admin. Kevplumb is the biggest offender, & for the record I don`t care what your name is so what`s with the signature?? I`m sure this will be removed but I will be taking it up with Admin ;)

For anyone following this thread I would like to say that most of my posts have been deleted, not through abuse but purely because the Mod on duty at this time has decided to disagree & remove my opinions. Kevplumb does exactly the same, but how a divorced, chain smoking alcoholic can be seen fit to moderate anything is beyond me. Be assured that my reasons for having them removed as Moderators are genuine & will be pursued vigorously.

As an Addendum: I have just drank half a bottle of Bailey`s & an ernomous quantity of Stella Artois...I may not be as vigorous as previously promised.In fact, I can`t remember who you are & who I am so lets call it quits.... :oops: :oops:

I am now going to sleep in the coal shed ( remember them)?b Goodnight.....

I am not taking sides.
We (The moderators) are here to make the forum run smoothly which abusive posts do not do, which is why I remove them.(As and when I / we find them)

You proceeded to “slag off” Joe-90 off for giving an opinion (Be his opinion right or wrong)
There was no need to have done that, and also as I pointed out when Joe-90 “slaged you off” in retaliation for your comments I removed those too.

Admin can be contacted by email [email protected] or the alert moderators button, as it currently emails admin directly.

moderator said:
I am not taking sides.
We (The moderators) are here to make the forum run smoothly which abusive posts do not do, which is why I remove them.(As and when I / we find them)

You proceeded to “slag off” Joe-90 off for giving an opinion (Be his opinion right or wrong)
There was no need to have done that, and also as I pointed out when Joe-90 “slaged you off” in retaliation for your comments I removed those too.

Admin can be contacted by email [email protected] or the alert moderators button, as it currently emails admin directly.

If you could point me to the post that `slags off` Joe then I would be most grateful.Thank you. I know where Admin can be contacted. I`m still concerned over the fact that you are conversing with me.

I don`t care about you or your opinions, If you don`t have a Heating/Plumbing problem then **** off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back