Bypass when using Grundfos Alpha2 pump

My one brief reply, seeing as this thread has hit its inevitable terminus....

Jonas... you CANNOT work on these appliances without a fully calibrated FGA regardless of the legalities of DIY; and regardless of how deductive and scientific your mind might be... I see modesty and analytical ability are not common bedfellows it seems.
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Not all work on a gas appliance requires a flue gas analyzer. These can be rented I believe.

These GasSafe fellows will have you believe that a competent DIYer can't even take off a boiler case. A DIYer who replaces say a microswitch or a three way valve is not interfering with anything that needs FGA calibration - and that is 100% within the law.

Jonas... you CANNOT work on these appliances without a fully calibrated FGA regardless of the legalities of DIY; and regardless of how deductive and scientific your mind might be... I see modesty and analytical ability are not common bedfellows it seems.

I actually DO NOT work on GAS things, and wouldn't nowadays.
Although I have for years, nowadays I reckon a court would come down in favour of a piece of paper, though we have much evidence of how inaccurate their allocation sometimes is!

Analysis first, modesty second - sorry about that! They usually are good bedfellows unless badly irritated by thoughtlessness!

smokebox

I was following this thread with interest; not least given the analysis of the issue and art of the possible from multiple perspectives. It is a shame to see it spiral into a futile debate over the legalities of gas work; there must be a thousand threads on that already so I am surprised to see any willingness to create yet another.

Mathew

Sponsored Links

I actually DO NOT work on GAS things, and wouldn't nowadays.
Although I have for years, nowadays I reckon a court would come down in favour of a piece of paper, though we have much evidence of how inaccurate their allocation sometimes is!

The law is quite clear on it. You can work on your own gas if you are competent. Forget the scaremongering by the self-interested. The problem for the H&S and GasSafe is unregistered installers passing themselves off as registered to an unsuspecting paying public. Many are clearly not competent. I read that they reckon 60% of London's combis are fitted by unregistered people - many clearly incompetent. DIY gas is not even on the radar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back