C/H and H/W controller replacement help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a rather old and now rather broken Landis and Gyr Crossling Controller. I can still activate the heating and hot water with the slide switches, but the mechanics for the clock are in bits, and no longer working.

Central Heating and Hot Water i.e. boiler side of things are fine, I have an old Potterton Nettaheat 16 - 22.

What would be the best bet (easiest ) to replace the programmer with?

I have got a basic Drayton Lifestyle LP522 but it is all gobbledegook. Is there an easier option?

Any advice gratefully recieved.
Thanks in advance,
H

Sponsored Links
This might help. But then again, it might not as I didn't read it. It definitely mentions your programmer though.

Thanks very much for finding that for me, it didn't come up in any of my searches! If no other info comes from this forum, may well purchase the chapter to read the full version.
H

The LP522 is a good programmer. Why not just someone competent in to install it? it shouldn't cost too much.

Sponsored Links
The LP522 is a good programmer. Why not just someone competent in to install it? it shouldn't cost too much.

Am just hoping it is compatible with the system, and yes, that's the sensible plan, just hate giving in!
H

I have just found a Drayton tempus seven in the shed, knew I had bought something ages ago, but couldn't find it. Will that do the job do you think?
Thanks in advance
H

I have just found a Drayton tempus seven in the shed, knew I had bought something ages ago, but couldn't find it. Will that do the job do you think?
Yes, that can be used.

Does your existing timer allow you to have Hot Water only, or Hot Water and Central Heating? i.e you can't have Central Heating by itself. If so you must set the Jumper on the back to the B position. The other jumper gives 7 day mode in C position and 5/2 day mode in D position. Or you can also use the LP522, but the switch on the back must be set to G.

If you can have CH on its own, the jumper should be set to A or the switch to P (pumped).

You will have to replace the backplate and the wiring terminals are not the same.

Yes, that can be used.

Does your existing timer allow you to have Hot Water only, or Hot Water and Central Heating? i.e you can't have Central Heating by itself. If so you must set the Jumper on the back to the B position. The other jumper gives 7 day mode in C position and 5/2 day mode in D position. Or you can also use the LP522, but the switch on the back must be set to G.

If you can have CH on its own, the jumper should be set to A or the switch to P (pumped).

You will have to replace the backplate and the wiring terminals are not the same.

Thankyou.
Yes, to all of the above, and was aware of the jumpers needing correctly placing. I have downloaded the installation instructions for the nice electrician who will be fitting it (when I find one, and some more jobs making it worth his while coming round).
Tha backplate issue is confusing me slightly, do I need to purchase anything to go with the unit?
Cheers,
H

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back