C.H. Pump is ON all the time ( Is this normal ?? )

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

following on from my previous post, with the advise offered I was able to source and fit the correct pump.

however, it seems that the pump is wired so that it is permanantly ON.

is this normal ?

I though the pumps were supposed to be wired to the boiler and only came on when triggered by boiler ?

this pump has been wired into a mains junction box and is always on.

any info greatly appreciated

Teddy

Sponsored Links
I dont know what else, there are 2 other cables connecting into it, but dont know what the cables are from.....

Sponsored Links
I dont know what else, there are 2 other cables connecting into it, but dont know what the cables are from.....
Then you have a problem as you need to find out what these cable do.

As you rightly say, the pump should normally only run when the boiler is on. However some pumps are wired directly to the boiler, which controls them. This allows the pump to "over run", i.e it will run for a few minutes after the boiler has stopped to cool the boiler down a bit.

What boiler do you have - make and exact model? This may help pin down what is happening.

Also what other component do you have - cylinder stats, motorized valves etc?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back