C.H. System Inefficient

Sponsored Links
I managed to get back this afternoon and get the filter out of the return valve. It was coloured black but not really clogged up in anyway at all. I gave it a good clean and shine up, also wiped clean the inside of the valve and reassembled. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to have been causing the problem as there is no improvement. Looks like I'm going to get some cleaner in there for a while then try to flush out via a tap.

I also took the front screw off the pump, the impellor turns freely and when switched on whizzes round, so I don't think the pump has lost any power. But is there anyway I can check that the pump is actually functioning at it's full output?

Thanks for all replies, it's appreciated.

I managed to get back this afternoon and get the filter out of the return valve. It was coloured black but not really clogged up in anyway at all. I gave it a good clean and shine up, also wiped clean the inside of the valve and reassembled. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to have been causing the problem as there is no improvement. Looks like I'm going to get some cleaner in there for a while then try to flush out via a tap.

I also took the front screw off the pump, the impellor turns freely and when switched on whizzes round, so I don't think the pump has lost any power. But is there anyway I can check that the pump is actually functioning at it's full output?

Thanks for all replies, it's appreciated.
All I can think of is opening it up and check for crud, as I suggested earlier

Stick some bigger rads on. Modern boilers are designed to run at low temperatures.

Sponsored Links
I've had X400 in the system for over a week, then the other day removed a radiator, and connected hoses to the valves to the outside tap and into the drain, drained off and flushed the whole system in both directions, and individual radiators in both directions and made sure everything was running clear water. Initially it was brown. I had also dropped on a replacement pump cheap locally on eBay so swapped that in just to be sure the pump was causing a problem. Refilled and added X100, and balanced the radiators. Thankfully the for the last 2 days the system does seem to be operating a hell of a lot better.
Thanks for all the replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back