Radiator on CH system not heating up

Sponsored Links
I've made that cok up on a micro bore system in the past so that's how I came up with that suggestion 😁

Shut the valves, drain the rad

If you got a wet vac, much quicker

Spin the valves, top pressure up to 2 bar

Make up connection to valve for hose or ready with wet vac

Open valve and see what you get out

Re top up pressure and repeat for other valve.

It will either clear the blockage or tell you which pipe the problem is on.

Re try a few times if not successful at first.

If you have a 1/2 inch plug on top of rad

Shut valves, remove plug, put in 1/2 male iron to compression with a bit of copper

Attach hose and into bucket

Top up pressure

Open one valve, shut, top up pressure and then repeat with other

Sponsored Links
Yes

The topping up the pressure then opening into a 1/2 inch connection each pipe in turn is normally enough to shift a lot of carp

Agree it my usual go to solution, but I think the problem may be more endemic, may be wrong tho 😁

What I can read is that he's flushed the rad, changed the trv with little or no result, the rad has always struggled, he's tried the old "turn off all the rads except that one" to no avail.

Ha!

Attaching a foot pump attachment to the rad valve and pumping can also work

Failing that it could be a kinked pipe or gotta find that manifold

Agree with everything you suggest, could be an annoying airlock on the return or carp. The usual frustrating stuff that rears its head at 4.30 on a Friday when you want to go home!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back