C&K 800L - disable alarm during power outage?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hope someone can point me in the right direction! I moved into a new house just under 2 years ago, the previous owners had a friend install the alarm system. No documentation or codes left for us so we haven't used it.. just starting to settle in now and get around to all those bits that fell by the wayside!

It's a Challenger alarm, I couldn't find a model number anywhere, so I pulled the front off the keypad (triggering the tamper alarm) and the only identifying marks I could find were "C&K Securitech C001-102 ISS 1" - no Google results!

Did a search for C&K alarms and had a look through the user/install manuals'; the default engineering code for the 800L worked so I'm assuming it's a 700L / 800L.

I'd like to avoid factory resetting it if possible as I'm clueless about re-programming it. I guess I could get someone out to do it but I'd like to avoid that for now (although I'll revisit it in the new year if necessary)

So I have 2 questions!
1. Will following the instructions to restore code defaults also wipe the programming? I haven't got the "memory link" but i'm assuming it's just a jumper/shorts 2 pins?
Alternatively can I change the user codes seeing as the engineer code still works? I suppose at a push I could always disable user2, change the engineering code and just use that goings forwards?

2. I'm having a bunch of work done at the moment, little jobs like replacing light switches etc.. but every time I pull the power, the external alarm (correctly!) goes off. The keypad doesn't accept any codes during this time.. is there a way I can prepare for or silence the alarm in this situation? (I guess I should have read the sticky, this is most likely to be a dead or faulty standby battery?)

Any help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Yes change the battery. Not sure if you can change codes without a reprog but it's a simple panel to programme, takes just a few mins.

Sponsored Links
Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone, pulled the front off the control panel and confirmed it's a Securit 800L (was wary of doing this at first but had to kill the power today anyway so had a look)

Have now replaced the battery and successfully defaulted the codes and set new user and engineering codes. Happy days!

Cheers folks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back