c&k securitech 800l wont set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
punch in code zone 1 l.e.d illuminates red,after 30 secs or so alarm goes berserk and i have to cancel alarm set.

Sponsored Links
Wild stab in the dark. Zone 1 is a door contact and it's constantly latched open. Probably on your front door

Wild stab in the dark. Zone 1 is a door contact and it's constantly latched open. Probably on your front door

yeah i thought this but wouldnt i be able to see if there was a sensor/contact on the door?

its only a small house and there is only 3 motion detectors,i had a look in main box and there was only wiring for 3 zones?

Sponsored Links
hevknn06 said:
yeah i thought this but wouldnt i be able to see if there was a sensor/contact on the door?

depends how hard you look, and what it is, flush or surface.

clue, when you come home does alarm make "noise" to indicate alarm is on?

breezer said:
hevknn06 said:

You can often find the magnet of a concealed door sensor by moving a magnetic compass along the edges of the door until the needle moves quickly away from pointing north.

breezer said:
hevknn06 said:

clue, when you come home does alarm make "noise" to indicate alarm is on?

no because it doesnt set so i have to leave it off.

Prove all other zones first.
Start setting so when someone else walks into another room the corresponding light on the key pad illuminates.

Then you will know for sure yo are looking at the correct sensor.

Any other work been done on the house, ie carpets, new front door ect. that could have damaged a cable.

Link out the zone at the panel. If it sets you have an open zone. If it still doesn't set look very carefully for a crack in the pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back