C32 boiler timer not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a c32 mini combi boiler and recently the plumber came out and fitted a digital timer. I have followed the instructions and It all seems fine apart from the timer not working . When it is set to auto it should display the time and say on . All the auto setting says is off. It does say in the instructions that if it says off that boiler is switched off at the fuse spur isolation switch.

The boiler is on and I am able to use it automatically but I can not get the timer to work automatically. If anyone could help or advise me I would appreciate it.

Sponsored Links
In the auto position it will either say on or off depending on whether it is during or out of a programmed operating time.

You need to program it first in the C1 position. Its important that the set times are logical, ie an on before off and they dont span across midnight.

The setting instructions come with the timeclock.

Tony

Sponsored Links
In the auto position it will either say on or off depending on whether it is during or out of a programmed operating time.

You need to program it first in the C1 position. Its important that the set times are logical, ie an on before off and they dont span across midnight.

Tony

Thanks for that Tony I will give that a try tonight. I have recently moved in and I am clueless with stuff like the boiler . Thanks again for coming back to me .

Tony

Thanks for that Tony I will give that a try tonight. I have recently moved in and I am clueless with stuff like the boiler . Thanks again for coming back to me .

The Boiler stills says off in the Auto position. Something is wrong with it as it seems to be on after the times I have said it should be off . :cry: I wish these things were easy with just a dial rather than a timer that just says off .

Have you proggramed in the times eg on & off times when u did this did you press enter so as the clock memorises them ??

If you slide the red lever so as it is adjacent to the wording C1 than press enter you can review your set times eg press enter each time to view your settings , failing that there is a small button on thr lower right I think ?? which u can depress with a pencil or similar that will wipe the clock clean , so you can start again :)

Until you have followed the instructions you can move the red to the bottom Timer position and just toggle with the left timer button from on-off-on-off etc.

As Transam say you do need to properly program the on/off times but I dont see how you can have done that wrong because it will not advance to the next setting position unless you press enter.

If you think this is complicated feel lucky you dont have a Drayton Digistat 3.

Tony

Until you have followed the instructions you can move the red to the bottom Timer position and just toggle with the left timer button from on-off-on-off etc.

As Transam say you do need to properly program the on/off times but I dont see how you can have done that wrong because it will not advance to the next setting position unless you press enter.

If you think this is complicated feel lucky you dont have a Drayton Digistat 3.

Tony

Cheers all for getting back to me . I have programmed the times etc but it still says off on the auto setting. It surely should say the time when on auto and say on. It just says off though. I have reset the timer and satrted again with no joy. when I leave it in auto the boiler is still on after the time it is not supposed to be . Thank's for any help you people can give me.

If you put the red slider down to the Timer position does the left button presssing alternate between on and off AND switch the boiler accordingly?

If deemed necessary would you be comfortable with opening the boiler and looking at the back of the timer and its connections?

Tony

If you put the red slider down to the Timer position does the left button presssing alternate between on and off AND switch the boiler accordingly?

If deemed necessary would you be comfortable with opening the boiler and looking at the back of the timer and its connections?

Tony
Agile I have moved the button to timer and its says - h off and I can put this to on by pressing the on off button.

If I leave it on the - h on the time still does not display when set to Auto .

This may be difficult to explain.

If you set a time in the timer mode and then return it to the Auto position then it will operate the boiler in timer mode until that time has passed.

What happens if you set to - h off and then move to Auto?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back