c4 Picasso 2014 faults

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got the garage to use the obd diagnostics after an engine fault appeared.

it appears P11AB Turbocharger (TC) control pressure sensor - implausible signal

now was shown a reference chart showing around 1k and peaking at above 1K, and we were down at 600 and peaking at just short of 1k. during a quick test.

now it was explained to me atmospheric is 1K, so we would have to be causing a partial vacuum? cant see that, didn't notice any performance loss.

so that said I am thinking its the sensor that's dicky but would like a more educated opinion and what sort of costs may be involved labour is about £50 plus vat, sensor parts don't appear to be mega bucks but like most things its taking apart to put together takes time.

thanks

Sponsored Links
This code is so generic it can mean almost anything, I'm afraid. What is the car's mileage?
Start with the obvious like a recent air cleaner element, then look for oil in the intercooler hoses, electrical connections to the turbo - even the EGR.
Has your car the 1600 DV6 engine by any chance? Turbo problems are very common on those.
Even a blocking up DPF can throw this one up, but performance is usually affected. Ask the garage to clear the code, and see if it comes straight back.
John :)

We have had the car since August with about 14,000 and we have done 10k in it.

It cleared as they took it inside to look at it. Literally as I was sat at side as he adjusted the drivers seat.

It’s in tomorrow for investigation but took it out on a drive and deffo no performance issues, no dirty smoke from exhaust.

Okay it will cost what it costs to get fixed was trying to get an idea what it may or may not be, what it can’t be / unlikely is also useful.

What I know about vehicles is ltd, it also showed up with a low voltage reading on the battery, both faults showing absent at test point.

The mechanic said it’s hard to say until investigated which is confirmed by your comments.

Not sure What else I can tell you, thanks for the reply thanks

Sponsored Links
Reading between the lines here, maybe it was the DPF regenerating, and the engine was stopped before it was done......back pressure in the exhaust and all that.
Anyway, if there's no loss in performance I'd not be worrying too much!
John :)

Back