Cabin Catch??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure where best to post this.

I have a garden room and the main doors are locked with a mortice key/lock but in addition there are two catches, black (like wrought iron), fixed by a single screw ands that twist to go across the other door as a retainer.

I want to fit a couple on each of the windows but I have no idea what they are called or where I can buy them. I've looked in Homebase & Wickes but can't find anything.

A friend of mine thought they might be called either cabin catches or latches but not come up with anything on a Google search.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

Looks like it is a Cabinet Turn Button Catch as shown at the bottom of the linked page.

All I need to do now is find them in black.

Checked on eBay but no joy.

This is the sort of thing an old fashioned ironmongery shop would have stocked.

Sponsored Links
Why don't you try one then, (not meaning to be sarky) every other town has an old fashioned ironmongers that sell anything from scissors to stepladders. :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back