Bought New Front Door Lock Today : Quick question ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks.

I bought a new front door lock from wickes today, its a Double Locking Night Latch http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/521034

On the instructions & the weblink it states "Lockable by key from outside and by locking catch from the inside"

What does it mean by lockable key from outside ... mine just shuts door, the key doesnt seem to do anything else apart from open again :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
if you turn the key the other way, it should prevent the door being opening with the knob, e.g. if someone smashes a glass pane in the door or uses a simple tool through the letter box.

Oh great !! ... seems i have a faulty lock as when i turn the key fully to the left (ie opposite to opening) it wont release the key anyway ... Could i have missed something when fitting ... I just replaced like for like :?:

Sponsored Links
Suceess Hooray ... Took latch off door, dismantled & fiddled ... seems to have done the trick :D

Thanks for your advice people ... appreciated as ever

Now onto the next stage :rolleyes: ;)

Sorry ... i got a litle carried away, with the excitement of it starting to work.

Thankyou John ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back