cabinet lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what is the best way to wire these up?

My kitchen is back to bare brick and I was thinking of cutting in a patress box and put a flex outlet plate on it in each wall just above the wall units and then from here, send a wire in series to each light on that wall's cabinet.

Is this method ok?

Sponsored Links
You really need a 3A FCU so you can disconnect supply to do any maintenance.

You really need a 3A FCU so you can disconnect supply to do any maintenance.

How about I install a FCU on one wall from the main light, then next to this the first erminal box where the switch wire will go and the wire for the next terminal box

Sponsored Links
No problem with that. Assuming you want the cabinet lights switched at the same position as the ceiling lights then just take a feed to a jb or outlet near first cabinet light and then go in series to the last. This job is notifiable to the labc so don't fall foul of part p/the law !

No problem with that. Assuming you want the cabinet lights switched at the same position as the ceiling lights then just take a feed to a jb or outlet near first cabinet light and then go in series to the last. This job is notifiable to the labc so don't fall foul of part p/the law !

Ok mate

I'll cut the patress boxes in and put wires in, leave leccy to do final connections.

Lights will be switched, so wil switch them in jb

[
Kitchen light is last in the circuit, so was thinking of coming straight off that

If you want them (the cabinet lights) switched separately then you can't come off the kitchen light itself, you will need a feed off the loop in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back