Cabinet strip light connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
A clock outlet likely looks the neatest
MK995.JPG
and has a 1 amp fuse, however they have become rather expensive, so a fused connection unit FCU
29775_P
is normal way to do it, you can get switched versions, or you can build your own this
29759_P
can be combined with this
ae235
also in white and this plus a blank or switch in a 4 module plate to form a FCU and socket combined. As I did here IMGP7387.jpg when I wanted extra spurs from the socket, main point is you need a fuse if coming from a socket supply.

Forgot to mention that the circuit is part of the lighting and there is already a switch connected. The electrician just left the end of the cable unconnected until I find an appropriate light. That was a few years back!
So I don't think there is a need for an FCU or fuse?

Sponsored Links
Is that the normal way of doing it - using a junction box? Or maybe the light was designed to be plugged in instead and I'm just trying to adapt it?
I'd have thought you would connect the cable straight into the light fitting, as you do with most other lights...
I haven't bought one yet, trying to find an appropriate one.

I assume the cable the electrician left is flat twin and earth. The light fitting you linked to does not look as if you can connect flat twin and earth to it. A junction box is perfectively acceptable and probably would not be visible under the cabinet near the light.

He already has a switch.

Use a small junction box. Use a white one.

The op posted that info while i was composing my message,

If you're going to insist on Pedantry you've recommended a white junction box? You don't know the wall colouring or where it would be fitted and you've not really contributed suggestion wise what type of junction box either.:p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back