LED strip lights on wall switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

I’m renovating my kitchen and have ordered some strip lights that come with a driver. On one end of the cable it’s a 2 pin that goes directly into the driver, the other end is a Live & neutral (no earth) bare wires. I assume this is designed to be powered by mains however this is where I’m a little stuck.

I want to be able to operate these cabinet lights from a 3 gang switch. The switch will replace my already 2 gang which operates 2 individual ceiling roses.

My question, is it possible and more so how would I connect the strip lights to the switch?

Could I use a 5amp junction box and wire directly into the switch?

Thanks, Stu

Sponsored Links
Many switches have no neutral, there may have a black or blue wire, but often that is a line.

I found having switches remote from main light switch, I simply did not use it, so I went for smart lighting with voice control.

In Wales in theroy you should not DIY in a kitchen. But I will assume England, photos are good take one of behind the switch for example.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back