LED strips in house.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I'm interested in having led strips lighting in my conservatory and kitchen.

My main question is, can I wire them into the existing wiring for the light, and have the main light switch in the room, to turn the leds on and off? Do I require a converter/driver

Also if I plug them into the main light switch can I switch out for a dimmable switch?

Thank you
Owen

Sponsored Links
I feel I have answered this before, what do you think strip lighting is? Fluorescent tubes were seen as strip lighting and you can get LED replacements, so basic a plastic tube with a two pin connector on one end which takes 230 volt AC to power it.

But also the flexible strips also called strip lights, DSC_5238.jpg to left Lidi flexible strip lights, Lidi-Smart-strip lamp.jpg these have a power supply built into a plug, so only option is to fit a socket. Sockets can be powered from the lights, but where to fit them is more of a problem.

As to switching, in the main we use voice commands and the Lidi lights are Zigbee which need a hub and work well with Nest Mini's.

There are so many options, in the main lights designed to see with have lumen output marked, and those designed to decorate don't, but the light output from the Lidi lights at 22 watt was good.

Here 20220704_220141_1.jpg three different lights, Ikea Lidi Ikea there are so many ways to use them and so many types, but all I am using need wallmart power supplies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back