Cable behind plasterboard

Lectrician said:
Pbar goes from saying take a photo to do it properly! Now which way would you go Pbar :LOL:

I didn't realise it was not in a safe zone to begin with :p
It's always good to take pictures before cables are hidden, I've lost count the amount of time I've referred to mine. Always have a glance before I put that picture up.

It seemed the question was asked about safe zones, and he was told the answer, but thought he could ignore it as 'he knew the cable was there so it's safe.'
I don't think that's how safe zones work!

Can't be bothered re-reading all this but I think it's an existing cable, nothing new, so I might let him off. ;)

Sponsored Links
Forgive me people - but what seemed like a simple question has raised several more.

The cable is in place, as it was before I did anything to the house - so whether or not it is in a safe zone would have been an issue for the installer. I will go for the earthed capping as that would be possible, moving the cable isn't at present - this is surely better than the previous arrangement of the cable running in the plaster with an unearthed capping strip.

When we extend the kitchen early next year the purpose of the cable will be discovered and can be disconnected and re-routed if needed by the electrician while doing the rest of the work on the extension.

Can someone clarify - What/where are the safe zones?

Lectricain - what do you rely on, or advise the DIY'er to rely on other than a cable/pipe locator?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back