Cable Clips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've (very slowly) been doing some renovation work in the kitchen, and in the process i've chased the wall out for some new sockets.

I've got the socket boxes and cables in and will be plastering over the chases and cables shortly.

However the cables ideally need clipped back to the brickwork before i plaster.

I've tried cable clipping them on, with the normal standard white cable clips, but the brick is rock hard and the nails just bounce off. What do people usually use to clip cables like this to the brickwork?

My only other thought was installing some sort of small rawl plugs and replacing the nails with thin screws?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
However the cables ideally need clipped back to the brickwork before i plaster. ... I've tried cable clipping them on, with the normal standard white cable clips, but the brick is rock hard and the nails just bounce off.
Have you tried nailing into the mortar joints?

Kind Regards, John

Kind Regards, John

Yeh thats what i was trying, no idea what they've used for mortar but its rock hard. I even managed sparks at one point (from the nail/brick, not the cables)!

Yeh thats what i was trying, no idea what they've used for mortar but its rock hard. I even managed sparks at one point (from the nail/brick, not the cables)!
Fair enough - I've got some concrete-like mortar in my house. It's a bit naughty really, since the mortar is mention to allow a bit of 'give', to prevent bricks cracking in response to slight movement.

You do, of course, not necessarily need to clip the cable prior to plastering, if you can keep it in place for long enough with, say, a (suitable) adhesive (or even blobs of plaster).

Kind Regards, John

Might be worth a go, i was a little concerned about using adhesives that may not be compatible with the PVC cable.

Certainly less effort than drilling and rawl plugging many holes!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back