Kitchen Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking about fitting a new kitchen. My plan for the mains wiring is as follows. Above worktop level - make chases in the plaster down to the brick for the cables (in the safe zones of course) fix the cables with T+E clips that go into pin type rawl plugs in the chases. Chase the plaster down to the brick for the metal socket boxes. then cover the whole lot with plasterboard fixed with board cement (make holes in the plasterboard for the socket boxes to poke through of course). Plasterboard will be easy to tile onto.

Below worktop level, behind the base units I was just going to pin the T+E to the plaster surface. Do I still need to run in the safe zones if the T+E is surface clipped?

Does this seem a reasonable way of doing this job?

Sponsored Links
Looks ok. cables dont have to be in safe zones if clipped direct but I would recommend you place them in plastic trunking looks neater and offers extra protection.

This is notifiable work BTW so inform your LABC before you start work and they will arrange an inspection when complete.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back