New Kitchen Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just had a new kitchen fitted and have a question about the electrics.

All of the services (elec/gas/water) run down one corner from above and have been boxed in/tiled over etc.

All of the sockets have been neatly fitted and vertical chases take the wiring below worktop level.

All of the wiring has then been run behind the base units clipped to wooden battens on the wall i.e. not in any form of conduit.

Is it okay to run the cables this way or should they be in some form of conduit?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
ideally, they should be chased down to the floor, under the floor and then back up again to the next socket. that also means that you dont have to mess aroubd with wires if you want to remove the kitchen units

The cables aren't attached to the units at all so they could be replaced without touching the wiring. I was more concerned about the fact that the cables run around the wall behing the base units without being in a conduit.

I wired a kitchen like this and it passed the Part P inspection. If the cable's visible on the surface then you can route it anywhere.

Sponsored Links
I prefer to wire kitchens like this. The f*c*wit kitchen fitters can see the cables

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back