cable for oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fan assisted oven I need to fit but the only info I have for the power rating is that's its 4400 to 4800w I have some 3kw rated flex
cable but am not sure if this is ok for the job there is a junction to wire
into and there is a wiring diagram
:?:

Sponsored Links
Your looking at a cable/flex that can handle 20A at maximum demand.
Logically 4.4kW-4.8kW output, would suggest 3kW flex is underated. Even with diversity factored in it would be borderline.

I will guess you don't know k = times a 1000 so 3kW = 3000W. So what you ask is 4800W of with 3000W cables I am sure you can see it's not.

However you don't get 3kW cable it's rated in size and type.

Your looking at a cable/flex that can handle 20A at maximum depend.
I think that wording may possibly confuse the OP. Since he already has it, he is "looking at" a cable which presumably can carry about 13A ("3kW"). What he should be "looking for" is cable that can (if one doesn't invoke diversity) handle 20A.
Logically 4.4kW-4.8kW output, would suggest 3kW flex is underated. Even with diversity factored in it would be borderline.
Agreed. If one is prepared to allow for a bit of diversity, 1.5mm² cable should be OK. If one wants it to be rated for the full 20A, then 2.5mm² would obviously be required.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Installed a new kitchen a while ago, new AEG microwave/grill.

Didn't have it at the time of running circuits, AEG info on website said it required a 16a supply, along with the double oven, so new circuits run from cu. hassle.

Microwave turns up with a 13amp plug fitted...

:confused: :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back