Cable run in new concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to run cable around a new extension. The room is largely glass walled, so no cable runs down them! The floor has a dpc - concrete - celotex - screed - tile floor construction. I plan to run 2.5mm cable around the edge of the room looping up up to the sockets.

Questions are
a) should the cable be in conduit, if so what type? It will be beneath 65mm screed on top of which will be tiles, so it should be well out of harms way. Celotex is foil faced.
b) are the cables best run above or beneath the Celotex?

For the lighiting there is no ceiling void so with glass walls as well my choices are limited. I plan to run cabling along the top of the ventilated sofit board (behind the external facia) as this is currently accessible and provides a neat solution to getting the lighting runs in. Again - should this be in trunking or conduit or are clips adequate??

Cheers

Sponsored Links
conduit would be a bloody good idea since you probablly don't wan't to ever have to dig that floor up.

its deep enough that you don't really need the mecanical protection of steel conduit so you could use plastic if you wan't.

i'd stay above the cellotex to avoid issues in running through insulation but since there will still be cellotex on one side reducing the heat dissipation so i'd advise using 4mm cable for the ring (note: singles will be far easier to pull through the conduit than T&E but mean you will have to make sure the conduit is continuous to every fitting)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back