Cable Selection And Connections

Sponsored Links
Its a hager 63 Amp 30mA RCD.

Picture may not be the same but the same principle.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/HGCD263U.html

That is not suitable to connect to a 100 amp supply, it should be fused down first.

Are you saying then the 40 metres of 16mm twin and earth are protected by the hagar RCD and the 100 amp supply :eek:

Or is there a smaller fuse in the 100 amp switchfuse, which I assume is what the SF stands for.

Sponsored Links
Service Fuse is 100A. I'll check tomorrow but come to think of it, I think the T&E is on a 40A MCB which actually makes sense.

Assuming clipped direct as installation method and 3% volt drop the max current is shown in graph using 2.8 mV/A/m as cable volt drop.
As can be seen at 40 amp limited to 60 meters.
The Hager 63 Amp 30mA RCD will mean there is no problem with earth loop impedance but 5500 Watts is 24 amp and can't see how you can draw this on a 120 meter run. Also what external metal parts if the power washer is to be used outside and it is Class I then likely to need TT supply.
This is not a DIY job and to try to do a job like this without calculating everything first is just not on. Plus of course likely if coming from house supply to be Part P.
If Darkness is Part P registered then he should not need us to work it out for him!
Eric [/wiki]

Firstly Part P does not apply to me.

Here are some photos of the two CU's. The first is at the start of the T&E and I would like to note, I got the 63A RCD mixed with another CU I have at another site. The second CU is at the T&E/SWA joining.

P1000715_tn.JPG

P1000719_tn.JPG

btw, my current supply is TT. I don't think I mentioned that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back