CU to Outbuilding - 45m run - 8.5kW Shower.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure what you mean? Theres an earth in the SWA.
Likely refering to any possible Bonding of any Extraneous metal parts, has this building any metal parts penetrating the ground, I assume the water pipes etc are plastic.

Would I need to tell the council if a sparky tests and signed it off?
If an electrician installs it and they are also a member of one of the schemes, they will do the notification and you don't have to do anything.

If not, then you will need to notify building control before the work starts and pay the notification fee, and they will most likely want an installation certificate for the electrical part - but you must ask building control and find out exactly what, and do this before anything else.

Given this outbuilding is notifiable anyway for other reasons, this would not be a separate item but would be part of the notification for the entire building.
You still need to find out what their requirements are regarding the electrical installation - as well as all those for the rest of the construction.

Sponsored Links
whssign.gif

I being the person responsible for the design, construction, inspection & testing of the electrical installation (as indicated by my signature below), particulars of which are described above, having exercised reasonable skill and care when carrying out the design, construction, inspection & testing hereby CERTIFY that the said work for which I have been responsible is to the best of my knowledge and belief in accordance with BS 7671:2008, amended to 2015 except for the departures, if any, detailed as follows:

The 18th is such a pure, perfect document that no amendments will ever be required.
The IET are describing it as The Wiring Regulations for Life. In fact, when that copy wears out, you can return it and get another copy free of charge.

They clearly will not (cannot, given the time available) publish an Amendment to 18th "when the 18th comes into effect". As far as I am aware, people have been free to work to it since it had been published, so there would presumably have been no problem in their using forms referring to BS7671:2018 prior to next year, had they so wished (with the alternative of sticking with the '2015' version until next year, if they wanted).

I did wonder about that, but could not find anything in the 18th which says that it is permitted to be used before next year.

But no amendment is needed to the 18th - it is already correct.

upload_2018-11-11_12-38-50.png

Have you permission for the building?
I am not up on regs but don't you need extra permission if drainage is added?
Presumably it is a beds in sheds thing

Planning Forum the best place to ask. Sleeping accommodation is an important trigger, but AFAIK they don't infer that from having a shower.

And whilst the structure might be exempt from needing Building Regulations approval, the electrics aren't, and the same may apply to drainage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back