Cable size for motor Starting

one thing, if the motor is 100m from the supply then you must have a local isolation switch by the motor.

Sponsored Links
kendor said:
one thing, if the motor is 100m from the supply then you must have a local isolation switch by the motor.
No, the exercise will do him good.

no, Im going to fit a switch fuse at the supply point - or terminate in existing CU if metal clad.

I will then terminate the SWA in a metal clad (most likely a wylex) CU..

And then run 4mm SWA to The device, It is a 2 post ramp and the control gear has an Isolator built into it, so I dont think one is needed but I know where you are coming from.

David

brown-nought said:
No, the exercise will do him good.
comical_bomb.jpg

Sponsored Links
Stoday said:
crystal ball said:
most 3ph induction motors will run on 240/415 3 phase
No it is not, single phase input thru inverter drive to 240 three phase output to a delta connected induction motor used for speed control by frequency, with digital I/O for external stop start and optional potentiometer for remote speed control, I have fitted and commissioned plenty over the years

As for the 230/240 comment its still 240 in my house 245 actually

I accept that that may be the case for variable speed induction motors, but most 3 ph induction motors are single speed. They are not designed to run on 240V simply because the UK line voltage is 400V.

I said the declaired voltage is 230 V. Your actual voltage may be 245V at a particular time, and this is within the tolerance of the declaired voltage.

I do not think you have grasped the concept of inverter drives they will work on most standard 3 ph induction motors I have retro fitted them to motors 20+ years of age and will vary the speed by changing frequency it is the single most used method of speed control in industry, have a look in the RS catalogue motors and motor controllers, I never stated that 240 was declared voltage I said a motor will run on 240 or 415 which is correct

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back