CPC Size Difference

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

If a CU is being moved from the electric meter to another room, you have a metal clad switchfuse next to meter, and 25mm 3 Core SWA from switchfuse to metal CU. With one of the 3 Cores being used as the CPC.

Does the CPC from the supply to switchfise need to be uprated to 25mm as well or is it ok to leave it 16mm?

16mm is all that is required for house, but Im not sure if theres any reg that would affect using different sizes of cable in such a case, even though there all above or equal to requirments

Sponsored Links
The switchfuse came with a 100a in it which I'm looking to get an 80 for, small house so more than enough

Sponsored Links
And you would more than likely find 16mm SWA would have been ample too, even at 80amps.

I'm doing most of the cable runs and wiring and a spark mate that's comming back from living abroad in the next couple of months is checking it over and wiring the new stuff into the switch fuse.

A lot quicker checking stuff up on here than emailing him for it.

Also I like to know its all done right, from most electrical/gas/plumbing and building works I see day to day in this area the workmanship is appalling, and that's from the qualified workmen,

And I'm also starting to swat up on the 17th and sit exam for that, for my own knowledge

from most electrical/gas/plumbing and building works I see day to day in this area the workmanship is appalling, and that's from the qualified workmen
Is it?

Might be from qualified workmen pretending that the work of mates is actually theirs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back