Cable size/type for UFH pump and thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies, I'm going to ask a couple of questions in one thread as they are kind of related. Also I wasn't sure to post on this forum or the electricians forum, but I suspect this is more likely something that heating engineers would do.

As part of my ongoing bathroom refurbishment, my Omnie underfloor heating kit arrived today and it includes a Wilo pump, which comes pre-wired with a 100cm twin and earth round, black cable, or should I describe it as "flex".

I will be replacing my existing wiring centre with a Vaillant VR71 and the bathroom UFH will be controlled using a vaillant VR91.

I say "I", although I'm doing as much of the donkey work as possible, I will be using my heating engineer to connect everything up.

I need to run a control cable from the bathroom VR91 to the location of the wiring centre (at the other end of the house) and another cable from the manifold (for the Wilo pump) also to the wiring centre. Both will be around 22 metres.

What cable should I purchase?

1. For the thermostat.
2. For the pump.

The thermostat uses Vaillant eBus, so my understanding is that a "control cable" is what is required. I'm assuming something like 0.75mm 2 core round would be adequate?

For the pump I already have a reel of flat, grey 1.5mm twin and earth (solid cores), but I'm not sure this should be used. Should I be running something similar to the round black "flex" that is attached to the pump? I'm guessing the cores in this are around 1mm.

Looking at my existing Vaillant wiring centre, all the cables entering it (from port valves and ebus) are all round.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back