cable sizes!!!!! HELP NEEDED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need to run a 95 meter armoured cable to draw 50 amps, 230 volts, what size cable do i need?

can someone help me please?

Sponsored Links
A mimimum of 25mm² if you want to comply with the 4% maximum volt drop. (drops about 3.5%) if this is a submain then you'll have to leave some volt drop for final circuits, and 0.5% might be a little tight (though increasing conductor sizes there might work out cheaper than using 35mm² SWA [2.6% drop] instead of 25mm²)

so what cable size do you recomend i should use?- if it was 32 amps, what size cable should i use? for also 95 meters

thank you!

Sponsored Links
dadavid6 said:
so what cable size do you recomend i should use?- if it was 32 amps, what size cable should i use? for also 95 meters

thank you!

16mm² (which drops 3.7% of supply voltage)

I recently installed 225 meters of 35mm 4 core SWA :eek:

Do you have any idea of the weight for the poor installer, never mind the cost.

Answers on a postcard

95m 25mm 3 core SWA I would guess £500 trade.

thank you for all your help

there is an eaiser way - use a forlift or if your really desprate use a 360 digger!!!!! :LOL:

And I know I'm going to get stick for this Q, as I always do, but it needs to be asked.

dadavid6 - on what basis are you doing this work if you don't know how to work out what you need, or where to look the info up?

dadavid6 said:

thank you!
now you're just looking to cut corners to reduce cost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back