Cable stapler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there such a thing as a tool for stapling tv cables etc to skirtings.

Sponsored Links
There are cable staplers/tackers but the typical ones in stores are more designed for smaller cables like phone lines. Although I would always be very cautious using them for fear of damaging the cable if there is not tention setting. Might be best using trunking or cable clips if you cant get the appropriate sized one.

I carry one of these on the van

STA6CT10X-cable-stapler-stanley.jpg

Stanley Cable Tacker It cost around £25.

For tacking cables I use the CT100-series rounded staples/tacks

31g6ToVXXvL._SX355_.jpg

All the Stanley versions of these have the same radius at the top but there are different leg lengths. CT106 are a 10mm length and at the other end of the spectrum is the CT109 staples which are 14mm in length. I use them for tacking aerial cable (WF100 which is approx 6.7mm diameter). I do have to be careful when tacking in to softer woods that the staples don't deform the cable. Generally this tacker/stapler is pretty good and saves a load of time.

Sponsored Links
Bought an Arrow T72 when doing my most recent build; it's more targeted at electricity cables (e.g. 2.5mm T&E) rather than phone ones like the stanley. At first the pro electrician who was supervising scoffed, but the number of times he asked to borrow it for fixing something in an awkward place that would have been a faff with traditional clips, he vowed to buy his own by the end of the job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back