Cable too short

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!
My so called friend replaced my shower with a new one and the cable is now 10cm too short. I don't want to rip out the whole bathroom. Can I use a high ampage connector block hidden inside the shower compartment, if so, which one?
It's a Gainsborough 8.5KW with 6mm cable.

Sponsored Links
When you say "hidden inside the shower compartment", do you mean inside the unit itself? If so good luck in finding enough space for a suitably chunky bit of choc-block. Extending the cable with crimps and shrink-wrap would be better, but you'll have to invest in a proper ratchet crimper.

And BTW - depending on how it's been installed, 6mm² might not be OK for an 8.5kW shower - did your friend check this out first?

Thanks for your reply.

So you're saying that a connector block is OK as long as I have room inside the shower cover? Minimum amp rating of the block?

What will happen if the 6mm cable is not adequate for the 8.5kw shower?

What ways of installing the cable will make it OK?

Cheers

John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back