cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can somebody put a name on this kind of cable for me.
I can be got in the standard sizes just like T&E however it is circular in section. When the outersheath is removed there is rubbery stuff that you can pull off with your fingers underneath. This cable is sometimes used outdoors.

Thanks, Declan

Sponsored Links
flex?

what colour is it?

where did you get it?

What does it say on the drum it is on?

Best place to look would be at this shop.

The two I see there which seem to match your description are this and this.

I am sure that if you describe what you want to use it for the sparks here can suggest the best cable for the job. There will always be a special type of cable you have never heard of before!

i dont have a drum for it. It's not flex it's cable and has the rubbery stuff inside the outer insulation unlike flex. I have also seen it used for socket outlets in commersial premises. If that helps. I would imagine it is more expensive than standard T&E

Sponsored Links
Declan, does it have a foil lining in it between the layers of insulation?

It could be FP200, FP200 Gold, Hituff or even armourFlex, there are a couple of types of this, not all have the wire braid in them.

No foil lining, I will forward a photograph of some 5 core 2.5sq to breezers e-mail. I hope he doesn't mind :)

multisticks.jpg

What about these.....

I'm about as useful as nipples on fish....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back