cables hidden in wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have run some cables in a chased out section of a wall what is the normal way of covering them for plastering over

Sponsored Links
Buy capping from your electrical wholesaler, incase u don't know, capping is a convex tinplate cover maybe a yard or so long by varying breadths usually 1/12" or so, narrower or broader is available if required simply nail or screw-fix to cover the exposed cables and plaster over as normal. To do it correctly it should be bonded to your electrical earthing system ensuring that if it comes into contact with any exposed cables it will lift the fuse/breaker.

cheers !! :idea:

capping is usually plastic and doesn't get earthed

Sponsored Links
Granted u dont earth plastic but i think you will find that many Local Authority's/Council spec's was for metal capping and therefor required bonding....hence i was just covering worst case scenario's as metal capping does exist

TTFN !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back