Cables passing around water pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Redecorating kitchen tiling in particular small part of false wall which houses h/c water pipes and some cables - ring main and oven radial. Took off the false wall panel and noticed oven radial passes around the cold water pipe within the void. Should the pipe be insulated in any way? I would have thought yes - perhaps some half inch CH pipe foam insulation. Would that be sufficient or is something more substantial required?

Thanks in advance.
M

Sponsored Links
worst thatll happen is cold water pipe will take some heat away from cable... not a bad thing

Sponsored Links
No sign of any damages to the cable. One other point, we may well have to have an additional ring goign behind the cooker cable. Bit of a cross roads here but I can't see any other way, bit of a horlicks really.

Thanks as usual for all your advice.

looking at your examples it may be questionable if cable routing complies. Cabling has been in place for over eight years and I am now concerned that for a short run in the cavity - (2 inches) the cable runs from a vertical, diagonally into the socket box. I believe the deptht of the cavity is 2" and it is backed by a solid brick wall.

Thks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back