Cables too short.

Provided you use fairly small boards in the loft (there are little flooring panels which are easier to get through the hatch, I can just about manage to carry an 8x2 into my loft, but it's hard work), an amusing trick is to paint the JB and cable runs on the flooring, then later, take them up to lay extra insulation, and put them back in different places.

Hours of fun.

Sponsored Links
OK chaps.....looks like I've opened a can of worms.

So let me throw something else into the mix.....the loft is fully boarded out for storage. There is also 10" of insulation.

So what I propose to do is lift the boards, mount the jb on the nearest cross member, do the wiring to the new light fitting, cut an access panel and cover the outside of the hole in black and yellow hazard tape and make a perspex lid so the jb can still be seen.........

Any thoughts........??

I read some where on another link about using crimp connecters sealed with self amalgamating tape. This would not need to be accessible because its a permanent connection.
don't shoot me down if this is wrong :LOL:

Rather than go to all that trouble is there enough wire poking through the ceiling that you can use crimp connectors on, you only need about 25mm or so to get the crimps on or alternately you could use soldered joints covered with heat shrink.

Sponsored Links
use one of these and then some of these wherever you have to put a JB under the floors..

just use a big marker and write on the cover not to lay laminate or tiles over it..

counts as accessible to me..... make a note on the circuit chart..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back