cabling through wall- UK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi Everyone,
am installing the Tapo CCTV 320 outside my property. there is a hole already drilled from outside which had the BT phone cable through into the house. i plan to use the same hole for the power cable that comes with the Tapo 320 camera.
the issue i have is power cable keeps bending inside the wall, as there is obvoiusly space in between the internal and external bricks i guess for the insulation.

is there a stiff cheap tool designed for this? (may be a rod?) i can buy that will can attach to the flexible power cable to feed it from inside to the outside of the house please?
any links welcome.
many thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you already have a long drill bit which will pass through the hole? A garden cane? A bit of stiff wire. A straightened wire coat hanger? Improvise :)

thank you. the coat wire might do the trick. thanks for the tip. i was already holding a garden cane to use when i read your reply. LOL the wire coat hanger sounds much better so i have abandoned the cane. many thanks for the tip. appreciated

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back