Concealing POE Ethernet external wall cables 8 cameras, without drilling/recessing or chasing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I am going to be installing a CCTV system on my property this week, though i have been skeptical on how to hide the wiring on the external brick wall. I do not want to recess the wires into to wall or through the cavity. I would just prefer to cable clip the wires on the brick wall and hope i could conceal the wires with some sort of external conceal trunking so it doesn't look like there are wires there? is this possible and if so what kind of trunking could i get which does make things look so obvious.

Ultimately, i just want the wires to be hidden concealed without having to drill cavities into the wall but in addition to not making the outside of my home look ugly.

Any ideas from you guys would be very much grateful.

The only time i will be drilling into the brick is when I collect all the external wires from the cameras together and drill a hole to put these through into the internal home and connect up to my cctv system inside. Followed by filling the hole and placing a burst plate on top.

There will only one cable coming from each camera because the cameras are POE (Power Over Ethernet) IP cameras, 8 cameras = 8 ethernet cables around the external of the home. How can i conceal these cables.

Thank you so much guys to all who answer in advance.

thank you.

Sponsored Links
Is it a cosmetic or security thing?

Conduit could be a option if its a security issue also can look better than clipped cables.

I personally try and keep all the cables inside though the loft and then just come down in conduit and leave the nvr in the loft and run 2 cat5/cat6 down to where ever you want your monitor. 1 for hdmi over cat5, 1 for usb over cat5 for the mouse. That way all the cables for the cameras are out the way the nvr is in a secure location and if the cables do cut the two for the monitor and mouse its doesnt really matter as the system will be still recording.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back