Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I am going to be installing a CCTV system on my property this week, though i have been skeptical on how to hide the wiring on the external brick wall. I do not want to recess the wires into to wall or through the cavity. I would just prefer to cable clip the wires on the brick wall and hope i could conceal the wires with some sort of external conceal trunking so it doesn't look like there are wires there? is this possible and if so what kind of trunking could i get which does make things look so obvious.

Ultimately, i just want the wires to be hidden concealed without having to drill cavities into the wall but in addition to not making the outside of my home look ugly.

Any ideas from you guys would be very much grateful.

The only time i will be drilling into the brick is when I collect all the external wires from the cameras together and drill a hole to put these through into the internal home and connect up to my cctv system inside. Followed by filling the hole and placing a burst plate on top.

There will only one cable coming from each camera because the cameras are POE (Power Over Ethernet) IP cameras, 8 cameras = 8 ethernet cables around the external of the home. How can i conceal this.

Thank you so much guys to all who answer in advance.

thank you.

Sponsored Links
I am going to be installing a CCTV system on my property this week, though i have been skeptical on how to hide the wiring on the external brick wall. I do not want to recess the wires into to wall or through the cavity. I would just prefer to cable clip the wires on the brick wall and hope i could conceal the wires with some sort of external conceal trunking so it doesn't look like there are wires there? is this possible and if so what kind of trunking could i get which does make things look so obvious.Ultimately, i just want the wires to be hidden concealed without having to drill cavities into the wall but in addition to not making the outside of my home look ugly.
A bit of a contradiction there, I'm afraid.
You cannot conceal cables or trunking if you do not want to conceal it.

What height will the cameras be?

Sponsored Links
A bit of visible cable does suggest it's a real camera and not a dummy. I put up a dummy with a bit of cable at my mum's place for this reason.

8 cameras = 8 ethernet cables around the external of the home. How can i conceal this.
In the absence of true concealment, the only thing you can do is to make it look as neat as possible. If they are all at the same height I'd suggest a run of galvanised conduit, with all the cables inside. It'll look a bit industrial though.

I have a PTZ (steerable) camera in a first floor front window, inside, fixed to the wood window surround. It has both a supply and a LAN cable to it. The cables simply hide behind a curtain track, then drop down at the side behind the curtain. That looks very discrete both inside and out.

Before that I had fixed cameras front and back to keep an eye on our kids, mounted under the eaves, with cables passed through into the loft space and down.

As others have said, putting your cable in trunking or conduit will make it stand out even more, than just the bare cable. One way to hide it is to use a cable colour to match the cement between the bricks and run it along the mortar joint horizontally, or even rake out the mortar, push the cable in and mortar over the top so it is completely hidden. Make sure what ever cable you use, is UV proof if you want it to last.

Another way is to lift a floor board on the first floor, and drill straight out to the outside where you want the camera, so there is just a tiny amount of cable on show and the camera.

As others have said, I'd drill through at 1st floor level, or, my preferred method, put the cameras on the soffits and run the cables in the loft space.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back