Cabling to cross concrete path.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I need to run some cable from my house to my garage/workshop at the end of my garden.
The cabling will come out of the side of the house(detached) and cross a concrete side access space or alleyway, which is about 1 metre wide and laid entirely in concrete.
What is the best method of providing a conduit of some sort, that will allow removal and replacement of the cable potentially at some point in the future?
All along the house, and along the garden and garage I can cope with fine, trunking as needed etc.
It's just crossing this path I'm unsure of. I don't want to trunk across the gap above ground level, as I don't want to attach at all to my neighbours house. Also there's always the inevitable "carrying something long" episode where you bash into any overhead obstructions.
Whilst the cabling is waterproof, I'm sure it would be better in a dry conduit, however that is achieved?
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
If it is your path you can chip away a channel through the concrete , bury the cable, and reconcrete. That is what I did. No reason that you couldn't add a duct
I went 24" down and added a yellow polythene warning tape

Sponsored Links
A plan showing house, garden, garage, path, neighbour's house etc would be jolly handy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back