Garage Cables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I currently re wiring my mums house, sifting through the nightmare of cables and dodgy electrics.

Anyway,im putting a seperate C/U in the garage to feed garage lights and sockets and also to power the pond equipment and shed.

Ive got building control coming out on Tuesday, to check my work, just wondering is it ok to clip cables to walls in the garage? or does it need to be in conduit for the wall areas but roof joist clipped?

From garage to garden pond and shed, cables have been run in Metal Conduit,not earthed!, so am using existing run but earthing it!! conduit is above ground screwed to concrete fence posts.

Gaz

Sponsored Links
There is a fair change of a cable getting clunked with a bit of wood or similar in a garage so I would want to see some additional mechanical protection.

Personally I would drop PVC conduits or trunkings down the walls, and it would be better to run the whole job in conduit, but it is ok to just clip T&E around at roof level

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back