Calibration Certificate

They will be checked frequently.Allowed 10% leeway anyway.Should not be going so fast.

So your using your 10% leeway in a 30 zone, doing 33.

Next thing you get a letter through saying you were doing 36 and you were caught on a machine that’s calibration isn’t upto date.

Would you appeal it?

Sponsored Links
So your using your 10% leeway in a 30 zone, doing 33.

Next thing you get a letter through saying you were doing 36 and you were caught on a machine that’s calibration isn’t upto date.

Would you appeal it?
Would never go that fast.

Sponsored Links
Would never go that fast.

So your doing 27 in a 30 and you get a ticket saying you were doing 34. The machine that’s says you were doing 34 hasn’t been calibrated.

What you saying then? Let me guess, you don’t go that fast.

So your doing 27 in a 30 and you get a ticket saying you were doing 34. The machine that’s says you were doing 34 hasn’t been calibrated.

What you saying then? Let me guess, you don’t go that fast.
How theoretical are you going to be?..Anything is possible taking it to the extreme,but I imagine the speed guns are calibrated annually,checked daily,radar guns replaced by laser guns,and extremely accurate,nice little earner though for the loophole lawyers.Been done loads for speeding,answer,,slow down,surprise surprise i dont get done anymore.

The police will lead you (and the courts) to believe that laser speed detection equipment has "pinpoint" accuracy.

What they don't tell you (or the courts) is that the further away the target vehicle is from the equipment, the larger the area that laser "spot" covers. Apparently at 300m, the "spot" could be 1 metre across.

The police will lead you (and the courts) to believe that laser speed detection equipment has "pinpoint" accuracy.

What they don't tell you (or the courts) is that the further away the target vehicle is from the equipment, the larger the area that laser "spot" covers. Apparently at 300m, the "spot" could be 1 metre across.
Nothing is 100% accurate,but one thing for sure,,huge numbers of people break speed limits,if a camera pointed at someone saves one injury,its worth it, if people thought of speeding similarly to drink driving it would be much safer on the road.The loophole lawyers love all that argumentative crap,sure some are done wrongly,many speeding lieing gits will get off,having cost the country a fortune,and carry on speeding.

but I imagine the speed guns are calibrated annually

And in this case it sounds like the last calibration was due in December 2017 and it hadnt been done.

If your Gas Safe ran out in 2017 would you still be working on gas now?

Sore point (calibration) with me at the mo.

I've just received two identical flowmeters back from calibration.
Both claimed to be accurate to within 2% across their range, by the UKAS-accredited calibration lab.

So, they should both read the same, right? Wrong.

No matter which way around I compare them, or how I compare them, or with what equipment I compare them, one is reading 50% higher than the other.

I've spoken to the cal. lab., clarified that I haven't done anything untoward, and sent them photos of the set-ups. No issues on my part.

£400 a pop for what might as well be made-up numbers..........

And in this case it sounds like the last calibration was due in December 2017 and it hadnt been done.

If your Gas Safe ran out in 2017 would you still be working on gas now?
Thats not a calibration.

Sore point (calibration) with me at the mo.

I've just received two identical flowmeters back from calibration.
Both claimed to be accurate to within 2% across their range, by the UKAS-accredited calibration lab.

So, they should both read the same, right? Wrong.

No matter which way around I compare them, or how I compare them, or with what equipment I compare them, one is reading 50% higher than the other.

I've spoken to the cal. lab., clarified that I haven't done anything untoward, and sent them photos of the set-ups. No issues on my part.

£400 a pop for what might as well be made-up numbers..........
If both are accurate +/-2%,,depending on how accurate you can read them then possibly they will not read the same.

Sponsored Links
Back